The Interactive Media Lab at the Technische Universität Dresden is conducting research in the field of multi-modal Human-Computer Interaction and Interactive Information Visualization. Our research is focused on how we can interact in a natural way with data and visualizations, especially on interactive surfaces (from smartwatches to wall-sized displays) in multi-device environments as well as in mobile and mixed reality settings.
We are looking for PhD students and PostDocs
We are offering the following PhD / PostDoc positions:
- 1 positions (full time) in the CRC248 „Foundations of Perspicuous Software Systems“ in the field of interactive information visualization, immersive visualization and natural interaction. See official job offer: English / German; application deadline is
June 14June 30, 2019 (later application on request and until position is filled).
- 1 position (full time) in the cluster of excellence „Physics of Life“ in the field of immersive analytics and immersive scientific data exploration using natural interaction techniques in multi-display and mixed reality environments. Please apply via the DIGS-BB website. For a detailed position description, see the group page on DIGS-BB.
All positions involve interdisciplinary co-operations and are backed by government-based funding. We will reimburse travel costs for invited candidates. Applications are possible beyond the deadlines until these positions are filled.
Interested? Contact us!
Please direct questions directly to Prof. Raimund Dachselt. For applications, please check the information stated in the individual job postings.
We are looking for Student Assistants (SHK/WHK)
- Programming (web technologies) and research tasks within the GEMS project (multivariate graph visualization). See the posting for details. Contact: Tom Horak.
- Programming (web technologies and/or Unity) and/or possible conceptual work within the CPEC project (responsive visualizations in multi-device environments and/or mixed reality). Contact: Tamara Flemisch
- Application development (Unity, C#) for Augmented Reality Head-Mounted-Displays like the Microsoft HoloLens and/or possible help with study preperation, execution and analysis within the Research Training Group CD-CPPS. See the posting for details. Contact: Marc Satkowski.
Technische Universität Dresden
The Technische Universität Dresden (TUD) is one of the largest universities of technology in Germany and one of the leading and most dynamic universities in Germany. As a full-curriculum university with 18 faculties in five schools it covers a wide research spectrum. Its focuses of Biomedicine, Bioengineering, Materials sciences, Information technology, Microelectronics as well as Energy and Environment are considered exemplary in Germany and throughout Europe. Since 2012 TUD is officially one of Germany’s “Universities of Excellence”.
For more information about the university, see tu-dresden.de.